Two days is more than enough to explore Munich’s main attractions. But because I’d like you to enjoy your city getaway to the full, here’s a list of 10 things to do in Munich.
That said, if you would rather save time on your trip prep, remember you can download my 2-Day Munich Itinerary, which includes all the places to visit, restaurant recommendations, useful tips and more.
10 Must-Visit Attractions in Munich
Munich’s main square, located right at the heart of the city. Here you’ll find both the Old and New Town Hall, featuring its iconic glockenspiel (clock).
With landmarks such as Feldherrnhalle – a monumental loggia with statues of military leaders -, the baroque church Theatinerkirche and the Residenz (featured in the next section), you’ll sure have to devote some time to this square in central Munich.
The largest innercity palace in Germany, which served as the residence of Bavarian royalty. One of its highlights is the Antiquarium, a magnificent Renaissance room.
Unmistakable for its twin towers that you can see from many spots in the city. Step inside the church to see a mysterious black footprint. Legend has it that it was left there by the devil himself.
Just a stone’s throw from Marienplatz, St. Peter’s Church tower offers stunning views of the city. Now brace yourself – you’ll have to climb 306 steps (but I promise it will be well worth it).
A market is held on this square every day, with stands ranging from food to flowers, souvenirs and more. One of my favorite spots in the city!
7. Englischer Garten
It’s one of the largest urban parks in the world (even larger than Central Park in New York!). Explore at your own pace and lose your way in its numerous paths. The 2-Day Munich Itinerary includes the main sights that you shouldn’t miss during your stroll around the park.
Accessible from Odeonsplatz, Hofgarten is a pleasant garden in the Italian Renaissance style. Perfect for a stroll on a sunny day!
Constructed for the 1972 Summer Olympics, this park stands out for its Olympiaturm, a tower which can be seen from many spots in the city.
10. Nymphenburg Palace
Built in the 17th century, it served as the summer residence of Bavarian kings. It’s possible to visit both the interior and its English-style garden.
2-Day Munich Itinerary [downloadable]
Forget about all the trip prep and download my 2-Day Munich Itinerary to explore Munich independently. It includes all of the following:
- Plan for the day, including the must-sees in Munich to maximize your time in the city and know exactly where to go. This is just a proposal, so you can decide whether to follow the itinerary to the letter or not. The idea is that you can explore Munich freely and at your own pace.
- Other suggestions of things to do in Munich in case you find yourself with extra time or would like to replace the proposed sites in the itinerary with different activities.
- Maps with the location of each tourist attraction, which you can open directly on Google Maps.
- Recommendations of bars, restaurants and cafés.
- Useful information about tourist attractions: entrance fees, opening hours and how to buy tickets.
- Insider tips to enjoy your trip to the full. For example, what’s the best spot to catch the sunset.
- Information on the public transportation in Munich: fares and types of tickets.
- Indications on how to get from the airport to the city center.
- If you travel to Munich at Christmas, you’ll also find information on the best Christmas markets.
In a nutshell, it saves you the hassle of spending dozens of hours on research. You get everything in one place for the same price as a beer in Munich 🍺 Just print it out or open it from any device and you’re ready to go!
|TO-DO LIST BEFORE YOUR TRIP|
📥 Download a guide to visit Munich in 2 Days.
🛌 Book your accommodation. Here you’ll find a bunch of different options.
Follow Beidoo on Instagram for daily travel tips, recommendations and honest opinions about destinations from all over the world.
1 thought on “Munich In 2 Days: 10 Best Places To Visit”